The Thinkpad 14s Gen 6 (Snapdragon Elite X) with 32GB/512GB now works adequately on Ubuntu 26.10 (Stonking Stingray). Previously, closing the lid when connected to an external monitor blue-screened the laptop. This now invokes the screensaver instead -- a bit of a hack but an adequate solution. Internal sound and camera both work, without recourse to copying Windows drivers. The kernel I tested with was 7.0.0-14.
However, there are a few sticking points that remain:
- It doesn't support more than one external monitor, though I have tested it on an ultra-wide and 4K screen, both successfully.
- It won't connect to an HDMI monitor via the HDMI connector, though you could do this via a docking station.
- Some quirks of display remain. Occasionally it seems to blur bits of text. Hopefully this will cure itself in later updates.
Lenovo have released Gen 7 Snapdragon laptops with more advanced processors, but they are limited to 12 cores. I haven't tested on one of those yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment